Thursday, December 11, 2008

Straight Talk with Calamity Jane

Yesterday I had to take Calamity Jane with me to my news meeting. We got there late and everyone stopped when she went in ahead of me. She walked to the front of the room and looked at everyone and I came trudging in and introduced her. She smiled and said, "Well, how do you do?" She shook the hands of the people there, then sat in the chair that had been saved for me.

She looked around and everyone was smiling at her because she was so funny. She smiled and said, "Well! You are in a meeting! Why aren't you talking? you are supposed to talk in a meeting!"

My adviser asked what she was supposed to do and she said she was too young and asked for some paper and drew him a picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must have had warmed even the coldest souls. :P I am sorry I couldn't see it.