Thursday, July 17, 2008

Idle Hands are the Devil's Toys

Today, with my children being grounded until the end of summer for flipping people off and being with kids who threw rocks at a neighbor's house, I had to be with them 100% of the time. School resumes on 18 August. Last night my husband and I ran off worksheets for them and from 10AM till the time he got here, I had them memorizing times tables, writing for me and memorizing poetry. They actually had fun-- they were chatting nonstop and helping each other out. Guy is a little slow but they were helping him and he told me later that Princess Cloud wanted him to do well and he was excited about it. (They normally can't stand each other.) I had the little kids working on kindergarten and pre-school work. Calamity Jane is ready to read and was putting letters and sounds together and I'm certain that Mud & Starshine will follow her in this.

I'm tired and perfectly worn out. Without being asked, Dmetrios and Basil offered to help me make bread and I taught Basil to make gravy while Dmetrios buttered slices of bread for me and wrapped them in foil.

My SUV wouldn't start today. It's a diva! It rained so it probably got too cold.

1 comment:

Not Important said...

It sounds like you've got a lot of creativity in the discipline department. That's pretty cool!