Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm So Blessed

Tonight my eldest two wanted to use the car. To go picking vegetables at a local you-pick farm, They will be coming home soon to show their friends how to make jellies and freeze broccoli and cauliflower (showing them most importantly to soak it in salt water for a half hour and how to blanch it.) One of them has a friend who has been in trouble with drugs and she told her parents that they are taking them some of what they pick.

The other night they picked wild berries with their friends. That is so cool.

When I was growing up my parents didn't let me drive and didn't encourage me to do a lot. They wanted me to have boyfriends, but not to get independent. My daughters on the other hand-- I let them drive and encourage them. They do the stuff that I'd have enjoyed at their ages.

No comments: