Monday, August 13, 2007

Today. . .

Today after church my husband and I went out. Desert turned into a drive which got me home at just after 11 pm. The teens watched the little guys. It was good. We went to a book store and then walked along a wild life habitat. We talked of nothing and just enjoyed the moment. I don't remember the last time we did that. We saw birds and fish and other creatures. WE held hands. It was a very, very nice day. I bought the kids a children's book on Gershwin.

I was overwhelmed by the books at the bookstore but didn't do my usual gatehring of bunches. I am feeling more directed than ever about getting my degree. It's weird. I just want to go forward with my life and do as I need to do. I wonder if it's just a phase or if I will stick to it. Gosh I hope I will. I feel like good things will happen in a couple of years, like my life will start to happen even more so, professionally. Maybe it was looking at luxury homes in Town that I loved or feeling more confident about my classes? I hope I stay on track.

I'm less worried about my interview tomorrow. I spoke to my lawyer as he called the other night to let me know he was home and we could get together this week. I told him how insecure I felt. I said, "Do you think I am an airhead?"

He said, "I have never thought that of you. But I think that you think you are an airhead when you get nervous, then you act like one." He knows the man who is interviewing me and he said that I have everything to gain from learning from him. He knows that I tend to speak fast when I am nervous and he said that every time I pick up speaking speed to just stop. And breaaaathe. I think of yawning-- it's still better than rambling.

Still no word on my yoga teacher training class-- she said she'd get it out tonight. I was online this AM looking to see if she got the schedule out early.

No comments: