Friday, January 04, 2008

My gown. . .

Today my daughter who hates to shop came with me to get a black dress. It's for the grand opening. I hope I do not fill this out for too long-- I really want to get smaller again and the store owner and I are on friendly terms-- she told me, "You will buy the $72 dress because it is perfect for you." I lack much money but there is me-- wanting what I can't have. I tried on dresses that were for 19 year olds that my almost 19 year old balked that I'd even try on. i put on dresses that have so much tulle that they literally stand alone. The store owner kept saying, "You don't have a black dress. The fabric is the only black I've seen you look good in. Go back to the $72 dress."

I tried on dresses for 3 hours. I left with the $72 dress. It was perfect for me.

The dress has looked good on many people but the store owner said it was destined for me. It really sets off my figure. I felt confident in it. It moves well with me.

I still want an ao dai-- but there is no way I can get it in time.

I had fun with my daughter. She confounds the bridal shop owner, who whispered to me, "Does she enjoy being here?" My daughter had a sports magazine with her and was looking at that while I changed. Tiger was there to help me find a dress. There was no discussion-- they either looked good or not. She is more like a guy when she shops which is highly unusual but makes for deciding on anything easy as there is no discussion.

We came home and I put the gown on. I look good in clean, simple lines. My eight year old said, "Mom-- you look better than you did in the pageant!" My husband said that the gown played up my small waist and made my weaker features (that he'd not name!) less. All the girls loved it. The other boys agreed. I didn't see it as jaw-dropping stunning but it was as far as I could tell.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also hate shopping with mom but I also hate shopping with out her. I got a black jeans for Christmas but it was like 15$ and not 70.

Rick Rockhill said...

I guess it was an early sign for my mother, but I loved shopping with my mom as a kid...

morinn said...

I'm sure you look stunning in this gown! :P