Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wrapping Things Up

I just got my letter from Excelsior-- I am in as long as I pay the $800 enrollment fee, the $300 for a 1 credit information literacy fee, and I take one class through my home school. I have to finish up a stats class and at the end of this semester I will have a BA in general studies. For the same amount plus exorbitant gas prices I could get my English degree. Everything is so expensive. But I am almost done! Yeah! Rock on!

The math has held me back for years. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I don't have the focus. It's hard to focus, but it just doesn't matter any more. I could be going to an eight day residency in February to STUDY and learn and meet fantastic people. No husband or kids for eight days.Of course I will miss them, and it will be fabulous to come home and apply my work and to study some more, but it will be nice for the break for all of us, I think! I don't feel bad for leaving my husband home for a week-- he travels a bit and I am here so much on my own with them!

1 comment:

Ropi said...

Well, I take advanced Maths so I have no huge problems with that however I have a bad trait. My concentration is not so reliable so you can't predict the grade I will get because if I can concentrate that 45 minutes while I take the test then usually I get 95% or more but that's like 30% of the cases. The remaining 70% when I have smaller or rarely larger concentration problems. The large concentration problems mean I get 75%.