Monday, August 04, 2008

A Trip to Anchorage


Before I start showing pictures and telling of my camping trip, I want to show off some pictures that I took while in Anchorage a few weeks ago that I just hadn't uploaded. To the left is a pulley from an old ship in a garden off fifth avenue. It was possibly used on a ship to pull up anchors or something else. I think it's about 6' long and 4' wide.

While down there, my husband and I went to a wine bar called "Crush." I loved the wine, but several hours after three small glasses broke out in hives later and itched uncontrollably until I drank a quarter of a bottle of Benadryl and brought them down. This is not good-- last time I drank a Margarita, my reaction was to wake up several hours later itching with minor hives. I love wine but I can't afford to drink enough to turn into an alcoholic, but I seemed to have poisoned my system. I do like these pictures, though and hope you like them, too! Crush is a nice little place-- we didn't know what to order so my husband had the Italian "flight" and I had the Argentine flight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you meet with What-Do-I-Know Steve? I think he lives in that city. Well, if you ever go to Hungary, you have to go to Tokaj (or nearby it) to find very nice .... (I don't know it's name in any language). It is a place where people keep many wine and here these "caves were built into mountains and it has a special feeling. So if you taste Hungarian wine you should try Tokaji Aszu. It is the most famous but there are other good ones. Hungary has good wines.