Friday, November 09, 2007

Sick Little Crumpets

The Crumpets are getting sick. It started on Wednesday with Sunshine having stomach cramps and talking in her sleep, "Mommy help me!" The two year old, TeaCup, was sleeping with her as she was so worried about her. Letting her stay with her was debatable, but by the time Sunshine was sick, we thought it was food poisoning and I knew that it is wasn't she'd passed it on anyway.

The others will follow. I have so much school work-- and I will also succumb. I have a Jewish chicken soup recipe that I'll be making for the weekend-- when the family is getting sick it is not time to be making spaghetti!

I say the bit on spaghetti because this morning as I was holding my three year old son as he threw up into the waste basket in the computer area, my seven year old (oblivious to what was happening) said, "You know, what I would like this weekend is a huge spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, noot-elles and meaty sauce!" I have no idea why he said that when he did. I know we all love spaghetti like that, but his timing was comical.

I went to the local supermart to buy stuff for the weekend. I lost my custom Hummer-like hybrid vehicle in the parking lot. Why does everyone see you wandering around the parking lot and have to ask you if you've lost your car or if you are lost? "Umm, yes I am! I don't know how I lost it!" Argh. It's not like they are going to go looking for it, but why even slow down and ask me? It's embarrassing to misplace your vehicle. I suppose if the worst thing that happens to me is that people ask if I am lost I am doing pretty darned good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being sick has an advantage. I didn't go to school on Wednesday because I was at the doctors and my friend was so worried about me like What is your problem? Where will you go to school again? and it is a very good feel that they cares with you.